Information and notes from across the interweb:
- The Air Drive One ‘shadow fleet’ of Boeing 757s (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
Minutes after Air Drive One takes off from anyplace on this planet, one other blue-and-white plane emblazoned with “United States of America” usually follows to far much less fanfare.
That’s the way in which the Air Drive likes it. That trailing airplane is considered one of a quartet of bespoke Boeing 757s whose existence service officers don’t acknowledge.
- “Persons are prepared to pay something for a free ticket on the large enterprise of massive miles. (HT: Khalil)
- One of the vital customer-unfriendly strikes by airways on the market, and one of many two largest complaints with photographs I see on social media, airways demanding prospects gate test baggage when there’s nonetheless loads of overhead bin area. How will we get them to cease the insanity?
.@United 30 folks and I needed to gate test. Not for measurement points. I requested the gate agent why as a result of I see adverts saying all baggage match onboard on United. He mentioned verbatim “It’s all baggage we resolve that match” with a smirk. Please see hooked up photographs for ample overhead area… pic.twitter.com/BYXj0OmjXh
— JDR (@JDRojakovick) January 19, 2024
@AmericanAir you guys want a greater system. Gate attendant introduced no extra overhead baggage proper earlier than scanning my ticket. I get on the airplane to this. Is it that onerous to speak together with your flight attendants when area is out there?? pic.twitter.com/p8H7H7mZJI
— Holly (@DrakeDrakula) January 19, 2024
- New Hawaii Vacationer Charges: Inventive Hikes Set to Curb Tourism
- British Airports Will Miss Summer season Deadline to Set up New Safety Scanners As a result of They Are So Heavy Ground Reinforcements Are Wanted the brand new scanners are supposed to coincide with lifting of guidelines limiting liquids by airport safety.
- Seen milking these previous couple of Bonvoy factors of the marketing campaign.
— Gram Slattery (@G_Slattery) January 21, 2024
- U.S. residents being warned over courting apps in Colombia
- 80s pop icon Samantha Fox “pent an evening in jail after being arrested for an alleged drunken bust-up on a” British Airways flight from London to Munich
The mannequin and pop star, 56, was on a British Airways flight to Munich when she allegedly acquired right into a dispute with one other passenger.
The airplane was on the runway prepared for takeoff however was rotated at London Heathrow after Fox “kicked off”, sources mentioned. Its passengers needed to get off and have been put up in a resort.